FXCE has a variety of copying modes and options, so users need to go through each section to get a better understanding. After selecting the copy mode, users can choose copy options to optimize the investment process through INVEST feature at FXCE.
After choosing the right trader for your investment strategy, the user first needs to select the account to use to invest:
- Enable investing: Click to allow the account to start investing. When click off, the account temporatily disables investing. Users can then optionally open/stop investing after submiting.
- Reinvestment: Click to automatically reinvest at the end of the contract with the total current balance in the investing account (including profit/loss). If the trader's account has any change in fees and contract duration, the renewal will automatically apply the new settings.
If reinvestment is not selected, the system will automatically close the contract as soon as it expires.
Currently, FXCE has 4 copy modes as shown below, let's go through an example to better understand each copy mode and choose the right one for our investment strategy.
- Trader's account balance: $10 000.
- Investor's account balance: $1100.
1. Based on balance
When choosing this mode, the investor agrees that all orders are copied with the rate proportional to balance ratio.
- Investor/trader's account balance ratio: 1100/10000=0.11
- When the trader's account enters an order with a volume of 0.1 lot.
- The investor's account will enter an order with a volume of 0.1*0.11=0.011 lot. However, the trading volume must be rounded to 2 decimal places, so:
a. When choosing Round up volume => Trading volume of the investor's account: 0.011 lot -> 0.02 lot.
b. When choosing Round down volume => Trading volume of the investor's account: 0.011 lot -> 0.01 lot.
c. When choosing Round default => Volume is rounded in the common way: 0.011 lot -> 0.01 lot.
To be more clear, for example:
- >=0.015 lot -----> 0.02 lot
- <0.015 lot -----> 0.01 lot
2. Based on volume
When choosing this type, the investor agrees that all orders are copied with the selected rate of volume (Choose 100% to copy the same volume).
- The trader's account enters an order with a volume of 0.1 lot
- The investor's account will also enter orders with the same volume of 0.1 lot
**Note: In both the above modes, the investor can choose the copy rate, with the rate from 1%-500%, whereby the trading order will be copied 0.01 - 5 times the trading volume which is calculated with the selected copy mode.
With the example in part 1,
- If you choose (1a)+ 50% copy rate, the trading volume will be 0.02*50%= 0.01 lot.
- If you choose (1b)+ 50% copy rate, the trading volume will be 0.01*50%= 0.005 lot -> Rounded down to 0 lot.
3. Random Volume
With this mode, your account will be randomly entered with the trading volume in the limit you set. You need to enter both the minimum and maximum volume when selecting this mode.
The minimum volume entered needs to be less than the maximum value.
**Note: In all 3 copy modes mentioned above, you all need to select the Option for Rounding Volume (details in part 1).
4. Fixed volume
Trading volume is always fixed as you set.
For example, if you enter a fixed volume of 0.5 lot, the system will automatically enter a fixed amount of 0.5 lot with any copied orders.
See Copy Option here.