FXCE has a variety of copying modes and options, so users need to go through each section to get a better understanding. After selecting the copy mode, users can choose copy options to optimize the investment process through Buy Signals at FXCE.
After choosing the right trader for your investment strategy. With the buy signal interface, the user first needs to select the account to use for copying:
- Enable copying: Click to allow the account to start copying. When click off, the account temporatily disables copying. Users can then optionally open/stop copying after buying the signal.
- Auto-renew: Click to automatically buy the signal after expiration with the total current balance in the copy account (including profit/loss). If the account which is selling signals has any change in fees and contract duration, the renewal will automatically apply the new settings.
If Auto-renew is not selected, the system will automatically close the contract as soon as it expires.
Currently, FXCE has 4 signal copying modes as shown below, let's go through an example to better understand each copy mode and choose the right one for our investment strategy.
- Signal account balance: $10 000.
- Buyer's account balance: $1100.
1. Based on balance
When choosing this mode, the buyer agrees that all orders are copied with the rate proportional to balance ratio.
- Buyer/signal account balance ratio: 1100/10000=0.11
- When the signal account enters an order with a volume of 0.1 lot.
- The buyer's account will enter an order with a volume of 0.1*0.11=0.011 lot. However, the trading volume must be rounded to 2 decimal places, so:
a. When choosing Round up volume => Trading volume of the buyer's account: 0.011 lot -> 0.02 lot.
b. When choosing Round down volume => Trading volume of the buyer's account: 0.011 lot -> 0.01 lot.
c. When choosing Round default => Volume is rounded in the common way: 0.011 lot -> 0.01 lot
To be more clear, for example:
- >=0.015 lot -----> 0.02 lot
- <0.015 lot -----> 0.01 lot
2. Based on volume
When choosing this type, the signal buyer agrees that all orders are copied with the selected rate of volume (Choose 100% to copy the same volume).
- The signal account enters an order with a volume of 0.1 lot
- The buyer's account will also enter orders with the same volume of 0.1 lot
**Note: In both the above modes, the buyer can choose the copy rate, with the rate from 1%-500%, whereby the trading order will be copied 0.01 - 5 times the trading volume which is calculated with the selected copy mode.
With the example in part 1,
- If you choose (1a)+ 50% copy rate, the trading volume will be 0.02*50%= 0.01 lot.
- If you choose (1b)+ 50% copy rate, the trading volume will be 0.01*50%= 0.005 lot -> Rounded down to 0 lot.
3. Random Volume
With this mode, your account will be randomly entered with the trading volume in the limit you set. You need to enter the minimum and maximum volume when selecting this mode.
The minimum volume entered needs to be less than the maximum value.
**Note: In all 3 copy modes mentioned above, you all need to select the Option for Rounding Volume (details in part 1).
4. Fixed volume
Trading volume is always fixed as you set.
For example, if you enter a fixed volume of 0.5 lot, the system will automatically enter a fixed amount of 0.5 lot with any copied orders.
See Copy Options here.